Tired With Your Dark and Enclosed Rooms? Here Are Some Ways to Make Them Appear Spacious and Bright
If you have your own house, you will love to decorate it with the finest furniture and other stuffs to make your home beautiful. However, you will not appreciate any decorations when the place is enclosed and dark. Some houses have large windows allowing much light coming in, while others have small windows. This is where you are going to need to use the different techniques in enhancing the light that comes in. So, here are some things you can do to improve your home in terms of light and space.
1. One of the best things you can do is to choose a plain and light color for your wall. Light colors can help you make your space look brighter and bigger. Dark colors and busy patterns can make your space look more enclosed. So, choosing smooth, plain and light colors for your wall makes your space appears bright and airy. You don’t have to worry that your room will look very plain because you can dress it with the right accessories. This is very important if you are planning to sell your property in the years to come. Plain white wall is appealing to everyone, so redecorating your house for the best price is not very hard and costly.
2. Another way to maximize the light coming in the room is to replace your doors and windows. For your door, you can change it with one having larger glass panels. You can also consider having sliding glass patio doors. When it comes to your windows, you can ask some local window companies for some quotations. Changing your doors and windows with newer models don’t just make your room bright, but are also energy efficient. So, you are sure that your investment is worth it.
3. Consider having large mirror in your room. This will not only bring in personality but also makes your room brighter. The light can bounce around your room once you position the mirror opposite your window. Mirrors are a great addition in any of your room.
4. Carefully select blinds and curtains to be added. You can choose a blackout roller blind and thin curtains. To make the room brighter, you can just roll the blinds up and down to make it dark. Using thin curtains allows you to add personality into your room without stopping the natural light to come in.
5. Finally, have additional lights and lamps. To make your room bright even when it’s already dark outside, you can have more light sources. For your larger rooms, consider having table lamps and statement floor lamp.
Using these tips, you can sure make your place more spacious and bright.